“Everyone has an invisible sign hanging from their neck saying, ‘Make me feel important.’ Never forget this message when working with people.” ~Mary Kay Ash
Showing your appreciation does not have to be difficult or complicated, like most things it just takes a little preparation and planning, let me show you how.
You can use either have a supply of notecards on hand that you purchase from a place like Vistaprint or Business Enhancements or you can use an online system such as SendOutCards (I am an Marketing Distributor and this is my affiliate link) or even a combination of both. The point is to first have a way to send cards that is comfortable, accessible, and easy for you.
Then here is the fun part…SEND A CARD! Your customers, team, family and friends will feel so wonderful when they receive a card from you! Here are some suggestions to inspire you to send a card:
- When a host books a party, address a card to send as a “thank you” after the party
- Received an outside order? Send a card to say “thank you” and with your contact information in case they have any questions or problems with their order.
- Someone at a party asked a great question during the party, or won a door prize, or made an impression in some way, place a star on their order form and send them “it was so great to meet you card” after the party.
- Your friend just sent their child to college, send them a card to say “thinking of you”
- Create “Welcome to the Team” cards to send to new team members.
- Acknowledge any event from a new baby, new house, new car or new job!
- Send anniversary cards to your team on their start date with the company.
This is just a small list of suggestions, there are many, many other reasons to send a card to someone, share some of your suggestions in the comment section. If you take a moment to think about what would mean the most to you, then turn around and share that with someone else there really is no greater gift than sharing your appreciation to someone else! Try it and let me know the results!
Need some help creating an Appreciation Marketing System? Schedule a complementary Strategy Session and we can discuss ways to design a system that works for you.