“Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.” ~Vince Lombardi
Being a great coach is about motivating and encouraging your players (in our case, host/hostesses and new consultants) to achieve the best results. With your consistent input and encouragement you can achieve a win-win. If you are struggling to get your coaching organized or feel like you are always “recreating the wheel” when it comes to coaching your new consultants and hosts here are some steps to help:
- Write it down: you may not realize it but you already have a series of steps you take when you book a party or sign up a new consultant, take some time to write down what it is you do each step of the way.
- Make a timeline: take each step and determine when each step needs to happen, for example; you book the party then you send out a hostess packet, 2 days later you email or call for the guest list, the day before you call to confirm, etc.
- Determine the delivery: do you need to call, send an email, mail something, or some combination of those? Mark which step gets what type of action.
- Plan it out: If they are emails, create a draft email that you can copy each time you need to send it. Have 10 packets ready to go, so that when you book a party or sign a consultant you don’t have to scramble to create them. The time you spend (or delegate!) ahead of time to create packets to have on hand, or have draft emails saved will save you so much more time when you want to get the information out.
- Put it into a System: once you know the when and what you need the how, there are some great systems like Oprius or the Client Angel, that will let you put your coaching steps into a system that will help remind of when, what and how to keep the process moving. However you can do the same thing with Google Calendar or your datebook. When the coaching process begins you need to schedule the steps in your calendar so you don’t miss a step.
As you go through this process the easier it will get, and you’ll find that some steps may not be necessary, or that some critical steps make a difference in your success rate. The biggest benefit is that as you remain in contact with your hosts and new consultants you’ll find the results are much greater when they know you are with them each step of the way!
Success or Struggles:
Do you have a system in place to coach your hosts and new consultants? Are you struggling with it or have you found something that works for you? Please share your success or struggles…
Need some help getting systems into place? Feeling overwhelmed at the thought of going to your back office and starting another project? Contact me today to schedule a strategy session and let’s discover a way to create the systems you need to Shine On!