You know you need to delegate. You hear it everywhere from all the experts, coaches and successful direct sales leaders. You know you just can’t and shouldn’t do it all…but where do you start? How do you give up anything on your to-do list? It’s almost as overwhelming as the idea of doing all the items on your to-do list. So what happens? Nothing…your list grows longer instead of shorter, but there is another way to get it all done.
Hiring an assistant is a great way to start delegating items off your to-do list. Don’t be afraid of working with an assistant, it doesn’t require you to clear out space in your home office or take out a business loan. Working with a Virtual Assistant (VA) will allow you to work with a highly professional and qualified assistant , without adding a desk to your office or incur a large expense. You can start small by hiring a VA for an hour and “test drive” delegating an item off your to-do list.
In One Hour or Less a VA can perform anyone one of the following tasks:
- Enter contact information of hostesses and guests into your database from your week’s parties
- Create an email campaign
- Set up a Facebook page
- Create and schedule tweets for a week
- Update and manage your calendar
- Review, sort and answer email messages received overnight
- Create a sales flier for a current promotion
- Research for a specific project
- Design and create a custom form for drawings or door prizes
- Make calls to confirm your appointments, parties or prospect meetings
- Create correspondence for your hostesses, prospects or team members
- Stuff, seal, address and mail party or event invitations
- Update word documents to reflect new information on products, prices or contact information
- Create a card campaign for customer birthday’s for the month including your special birthday offer
These are just a few suggestions of what may take a VA an hour or so to complete, but may have taken you hours because of all the distractions and necessary projects that have to be done. When you start delegating small with one hour at a time and realize what that one hour can do for your direct sales business, you may never look at your to-do list the same way again!